Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
My ancestor, Thomas Price of Hillingdon, married Elizabeth Wimpey at St Marylebone on 12 Oct 1775. The parish register image is at Ancestry but I'm struggling with the surname of the 1st witness.
My initial guess was ETTERBACK but I can't find other references to this surname so I'm having doubts. Other possibilities may be ELLERBACK or ELLERBECK.
Any thoughts, please?
Elizabeth Wimpey is not my ancestor, and the Wimpeys are not too hard to trace, but I have yet to find Thomas Price's earlier marriage to my ancestor, and there's always a chance this marriage witness may provide a lead.
My initial guess was ETTERBACK but I can't find other references to this surname so I'm having doubts. Other possibilities may be ELLERBACK or ELLERBECK.
Any thoughts, please?
Elizabeth Wimpey is not my ancestor, and the Wimpeys are not too hard to trace, but I have yet to find Thomas Price's earlier marriage to my ancestor, and there's always a chance this marriage witness may provide a lead.