Hi Folks
Can anyone please confirm my findings please, or give another answer
On Ancestry I found the Banns of marriages entry for James Bruce and Maria Merryman on October 2nd 9th & 26th October 1825 at St Dunstan and All Saints – Stepheny, Image Number 150, the couple named above have a marriage date of 22nd October, with the same Banns dates as James and Maria, there is no date beside James and Maria and no ditto marks either, do you think this means that both couples married on the same day, looking at lots of entries on various pages the same thing has happened I can’t imagine all the couples without a marriage date never married for one reason or another as there are so many.
My conclusion is that James and Maria also married on the 22 October 1825, I can find no trace of the marriage entry for them to confirm the date, only the Banns entry.
On the birth certificate of their Son who was born after Sep 1/4 1837 both their names are entered as parents. ( I know this is no proof that that they were married).
Any other suggestions would be most welcome
Many thanks
Can anyone please confirm my findings please, or give another answer
On Ancestry I found the Banns of marriages entry for James Bruce and Maria Merryman on October 2nd 9th & 26th October 1825 at St Dunstan and All Saints – Stepheny, Image Number 150, the couple named above have a marriage date of 22nd October, with the same Banns dates as James and Maria, there is no date beside James and Maria and no ditto marks either, do you think this means that both couples married on the same day, looking at lots of entries on various pages the same thing has happened I can’t imagine all the couples without a marriage date never married for one reason or another as there are so many.
My conclusion is that James and Maria also married on the 22 October 1825, I can find no trace of the marriage entry for them to confirm the date, only the Banns entry.
On the birth certificate of their Son who was born after Sep 1/4 1837 both their names are entered as parents. ( I know this is no proof that that they were married).
Any other suggestions would be most welcome
Many thanks
Last edited by a moderator: