I’m wondering how people remember they have checked a reference in Lost Cousins. Especially if you have hundreds of entries entered.
As Peter has mentioned many times it is vital that users go through each household and check that the reference is correct. Otherwise your Lost Cousins are never going to connect with you. However this can be a tedious process and I can’t see anyway to remind you which entries have been checked and which haven’t.
Since my family is mostly Scotland I typically have only one option to enter my references so I probably have less entries than most members. So I can only imagine that having a large number of entries becomes really tricky to manage and to ensure you have checked every entry.
I’m hoping there is a viable method of checking and that everyone checks. However I suspect similar to taking the time to enter every reference many members have yet to check more than a few households and might even have forgotten which ones they are or how far they got.
My fear is that the system breaks down if you don’t make sure you have the right entries and because I can’t see how to check I’ve confirmed an entry I suspect that like me most members don’t check.
I’d love to be able to automate this with FTAnalyzer however I can’t as there is nothing to say an entry has been checked or not on the website. So whether you are a pencil and paper researcher or a fully computerised researcher. I can’t see how anyone keeps track of who they have checked. To me it’s far far to manual a process to bother with. So I assume I’m missing some simple step.
Can anyone help out.
As Peter has mentioned many times it is vital that users go through each household and check that the reference is correct. Otherwise your Lost Cousins are never going to connect with you. However this can be a tedious process and I can’t see anyway to remind you which entries have been checked and which haven’t.
Since my family is mostly Scotland I typically have only one option to enter my references so I probably have less entries than most members. So I can only imagine that having a large number of entries becomes really tricky to manage and to ensure you have checked every entry.
I’m hoping there is a viable method of checking and that everyone checks. However I suspect similar to taking the time to enter every reference many members have yet to check more than a few households and might even have forgotten which ones they are or how far they got.
My fear is that the system breaks down if you don’t make sure you have the right entries and because I can’t see how to check I’ve confirmed an entry I suspect that like me most members don’t check.
I’d love to be able to automate this with FTAnalyzer however I can’t as there is nothing to say an entry has been checked or not on the website. So whether you are a pencil and paper researcher or a fully computerised researcher. I can’t see how anyone keeps track of who they have checked. To me it’s far far to manual a process to bother with. So I assume I’m missing some simple step.
Can anyone help out.