• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Lost Cousins Coupon Code

  • Thread starter Thread starter At home in NZ
  • Start date Start date
A

At home in NZ

Guest
I have just discovered my coupon code has changed. How often does that happen?
 
When your Match Potential gets to the next level
Thanks Pauline but that is not the answer because it relates to the level you are at such as being a super star etc. The coupon code is underneath match potential in 'My Summary' and mine is different from the one I entered in my Profile a while ago.
 
The coupon code is underneath match potential in 'My Summary' and mine is different from the one I entered in my Profile a while ago.
My coupon code (which is in the same place as you mention) changed a couple of months ago when my match potential went above 12. The coupon code you enter in your profile is what gives you the description 'member', 'star', 'superstar' etc below your name.
 
From thread number 852 in the discussion:
The next target is a Match Potential of 4.000 which will qualify you for the coveted designation 'LostCousins Star'!
My match potential is now 6.206 which is way above 4.000 so why am I still a 'Member'?
 
I haven't put my new coupon code in my profile yet, I am under the impression that match potential alone elevates your status. But, it does need clarification.
 
I haven't put my new coupon code in my profile yet, I am under the impression that match potential alone elevates your status. But, it does need clarification.

Peter has clarified this previously but I can't remember where in order to quote the post exactly. The latest code value needs to be entered into your profile. If you have more than one code then use the one with the highest sort value, ie AMxxxx rather than ABxxxx etc. I think that codes are reassessed about once a month, or so. Red Dragon often tips the wink when that happens.
 
Peter has clarified this previously but I can't remember where in order to quote the post exactly.

Anyone interested can search for "coupon code" in all Forum threads or just look at "Ask Peter" in 2016, but my memory above was correct.
 
If you have more than one code then use the one with the highest sort value, ie AMxxxx rather than ABxxxx etc. I think that codes are reassessed about once a month, or so. Red Dragon often tips the wink when that happens.
Coupon codes are awarded based on your Match Potential so when a different code appears it's normally because your Match Potential has gone up. However the thresholds change very occasionally, so it's just possible that the new code is for a lower level than the one you have achieved - and that's why Bryman's advice is important. This is also something to bear in mind if you manage more than one LostCousins account.
 
I have to admit that I never really checked my coupon code once I had entered it originally and had forgotten that I had even done it. I had to go in and check, and I see that the one listed on the website is lower than the one in my profile.
The latest code value needs to be entered into your profile. I
So I should now change the original code to what is listed on the website? I do not see match potential in my profile so I cannot remember just what it was originally.
 
Back