Prussian
LostCousins Member
My direct maternal great, great, great grandmother Elizabeth NORMAN (nee BURR of Harlow, Essex) died (have death certificate) on 1st June 1885 in Sydenham, Kent (now London SE26) but have long been unable to trace her final resting place.
I have revisited:
Ancestry (including 3 family trees)
Billion Graves
DeceasedOnline
FamilySearch
Find a Grave
Findmypast
I have also posted on the North West Kent FHS, Sydenham Forum and numerous Facebook groups to no avail.
I have a copy of her will but does not include any such final wishes.
Husband John NORMAN died in 1852 and is buried in St Bartholomew's chuchyard, Sydenham but no mention of Elizabeth.
Could Elizabeth have donated her body to medical science?
Coincidentally, I have 2 other female ancestors whose final resting place eludes me.
Please advise what other resources exist that may lead to me tracing Elizabeth's final resting place?
I have revisited:
Ancestry (including 3 family trees)
Billion Graves
DeceasedOnline
FamilySearch
Find a Grave
Findmypast
I have also posted on the North West Kent FHS, Sydenham Forum and numerous Facebook groups to no avail.
I have a copy of her will but does not include any such final wishes.
Husband John NORMAN died in 1852 and is buried in St Bartholomew's chuchyard, Sydenham but no mention of Elizabeth.
Could Elizabeth have donated her body to medical science?
Coincidentally, I have 2 other female ancestors whose final resting place eludes me.
Please advise what other resources exist that may lead to me tracing Elizabeth's final resting place?