Just got a reply
"We are aware of a possible issue which occurred with certain browsers unfortunately. Our developers are investigating how this happened however if you clear your cache ( files & cookies) and refresh, you should see that the information is there.
No information has been lost - the details will still be there."
?Reassured, guys?
I notice that a number of people offering suggestions at the Lives site like the idea of being able to link life stories particularly as it highlights the contribution of families. It's certainly an idea that would appeal to me having now entered information about three of my grandmother's brothers. .
I just ran into somewhat the same issue when I looked at the Saxlingham Nethergate war memorial site again in more detail . While I do have a claim to the men listed, the depth of detail provided in general far surpasses anything I have currently taken upon myself to research. I am going to list it for now with the appropriate credits and see what transpires. I have attempted to contact the person who constructed the site of course.I also created a community for the Sheringham war memorial. This does cause me slight qualms in that 1. I have no particular 'claim' to it - .
I had a response and I think it may lead to learning more on subjects other than WWI which proves, as usual, that it is always worth reaching out. We'll see how IWM rolls out "community" in the coming months.I have attempted to contact the person who constructed the site of course.
Is it just me, or can other people not get to the site this evening?
I get this message - You attempted to reach www.livesofthefirstworldwar.org, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as blog.findmypast.co.uk. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of www.livesofthefirstworldwar.org.
Possibly I need to clear my browser history (or something) but that's a bit startling