Britjan
LostCousins Star
Lives of the First World War website volunteers have tidied up a number of their links to soldiers serving from the region during WWI.
Here is what one of them posted "When Indian army names were entered onto Lives, quite a few had the whole name entered on to the surname field. The problem (other volunteers) and I have been having matching people in our communities and/or correcting the *incomplete* records is that Ancestry and other Genealogy websites entered the details for the Indian regiments correctly, as it is shown on the medal card. We three have lost a lot of valuable research time. Fortunately, I work in a wonderfully multicultural office, so can check the correct way to enter pretty much any nationality's surname combination."
There are a number of communities for Indian regiments and if you are still having trouble identifying a relative who served p.m. me and I'll ask my LOTFWW "colleagues" for help .
Here is what one of them posted "When Indian army names were entered onto Lives, quite a few had the whole name entered on to the surname field. The problem (other volunteers) and I have been having matching people in our communities and/or correcting the *incomplete* records is that Ancestry and other Genealogy websites entered the details for the Indian regiments correctly, as it is shown on the medal card. We three have lost a lot of valuable research time. Fortunately, I work in a wonderfully multicultural office, so can check the correct way to enter pretty much any nationality's surname combination."
There are a number of communities for Indian regiments and if you are still having trouble identifying a relative who served p.m. me and I'll ask my LOTFWW "colleagues" for help .