• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Lights out?

Carla

LostCousins Star
Did anyone take part in the 'lights out' commemoration on Monday? We placed a lantern in our window at 10pm and although I spent a while thinking about my grandfather in particular, as he fought in WW1, I will confess to falling asleep. I do have a good reason though, as my husband and I had been out all day at a commemorative event (see my post '4th August 2014'). By all accounts many people did take part, and there was a stunning picture of Stonehenge in the newspaper the next day.
 
Yes, we took part and it was actively supported in the village. The rooms look so different in candle light.
 
We never have lights on in the evening, preferring to watch TV with just the aquarium lights on. We did put a candle in the front upstairs bedroom though.
 
Back
Top