A
At home in NZ
Guest
When I came to live in NZ I travelled by ship with my husband and daughter. One of our trusty travelling companions was Lexicon. While on the voyage we made friends with a couple who had two sons, they were going to Australia.
Us four adults spent many happy hours playing Lexicon while the three children occupied themselves with the usual kids games.
One particular game I remember quite vividly was when some other children decided to make nuisances of themselves around us by poking fun at the words we were putting on the table.
The male friend decided he would teach them a lesson by placing a rude word on the table, I think it was bum or something similar! They ran off looking embarrassed and didn’t return.
I still have the Lexicon set but not the husband. We divorced some years ago and he is now deceased.
The Lexicon I have is the 1968 version which is in the link in the latest newsletter and is available for £5. I have no idea how much we would have paid for it.
I wonder how many lost cousins members have played Lexicon? Or, still have it?
Us four adults spent many happy hours playing Lexicon while the three children occupied themselves with the usual kids games.
One particular game I remember quite vividly was when some other children decided to make nuisances of themselves around us by poking fun at the words we were putting on the table.
The male friend decided he would teach them a lesson by placing a rude word on the table, I think it was bum or something similar! They ran off looking embarrassed and didn’t return.
I still have the Lexicon set but not the husband. We divorced some years ago and he is now deceased.
The Lexicon I have is the 1968 version which is in the link in the latest newsletter and is available for £5. I have no idea how much we would have paid for it.
I wonder how many lost cousins members have played Lexicon? Or, still have it?
