jorghes
LostCousins Superstar
I just found a new cousin through LostCousins and it made me reflect on one of my more interesting ancestors (whom my cousin and I share).
I'm fairly sure I've mentioned him before - he married three times, emigrated between marriages 2 and 3, but went back to England to marry wife number 3! - This forum was instrumental in me finding three of his four daughters who died in infancy with the interesting names.
But one of the things that has always amused me most, is that George got baptised at the ripe old age of 33...
Anyone else got an ancestor who waited that long to get baptised? Or anyone know of a reason why George may not have been baptised as a baby?
I have attached the page, you can find George Wilson reasonably easily if you look down the dates of birth column which has been added, he's the only "1815" in the list of "1848"s - He was baptised on 18th January 1849.
Image copyright West Yorkshire Archive Service courtesy of Ancestry.
I'm fairly sure I've mentioned him before - he married three times, emigrated between marriages 2 and 3, but went back to England to marry wife number 3! - This forum was instrumental in me finding three of his four daughters who died in infancy with the interesting names.
But one of the things that has always amused me most, is that George got baptised at the ripe old age of 33...
Anyone else got an ancestor who waited that long to get baptised? Or anyone know of a reason why George may not have been baptised as a baby?
I have attached the page, you can find George Wilson reasonably easily if you look down the dates of birth column which has been added, he's the only "1815" in the list of "1848"s - He was baptised on 18th January 1849.
Image copyright West Yorkshire Archive Service courtesy of Ancestry.