Bryman
LostCousins Megastar
I have rather a large number of 'New Contacts' (16) that have not yet replied to my contact request. The oldest request was raised in 2015 and the latest in 2020, about 2 months ago. Peter offers to send a reminder if a reply is not received within 2 weeks but the order in which such contacts are displayed makes it easy for me to overlook any tardiness. Peter has sent reminders to several contacts on my behalf but many still do not respond. I am now resigned to not getting replies from most that are still on my list.
The current order of display appears to be in alphabetical sequence of surname but only the initial of the surname is shown. I think that it would be more useful if the order of display is based on the date of request sent. I am not looking to give Peter extra work but I am assuming that my suggested change would be fairly trivial to implement.
Up till now, I have not made a note of those for whom I have requested a reminder, nor when I made the request, so may have asked for a reminder on more than one occasion for some contacts. Others may have been completely overlooked by me and even have left LC due to lack of contact. If Peter does keep such a record then repetitions would be avoided but I would rather that I don't trouble him unnecessarily.
Ideally, from my point of view, the reminders would be triggered automatically without me having to check but that would require more programming effort on the part of Peter and I hesitate to make any such request.
Would suggested changes along any of the lines mentioned above be seen as benefit by other members, or does nobody else have more than a couple of non-responders?
The current order of display appears to be in alphabetical sequence of surname but only the initial of the surname is shown. I think that it would be more useful if the order of display is based on the date of request sent. I am not looking to give Peter extra work but I am assuming that my suggested change would be fairly trivial to implement.
Up till now, I have not made a note of those for whom I have requested a reminder, nor when I made the request, so may have asked for a reminder on more than one occasion for some contacts. Others may have been completely overlooked by me and even have left LC due to lack of contact. If Peter does keep such a record then repetitions would be avoided but I would rather that I don't trouble him unnecessarily.
Ideally, from my point of view, the reminders would be triggered automatically without me having to check but that would require more programming effort on the part of Peter and I hesitate to make any such request.
Would suggested changes along any of the lines mentioned above be seen as benefit by other members, or does nobody else have more than a couple of non-responders?