• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Lack of 19th Century Census records in Ireland

So did mine but when I discovered Irish Genealogy I gave up my sub to RootsIreland because the same records are available at no cost.
Thanks for that tip AHNZ although my main research about my Irish roots was quite a few years ago, I don't recall that website unless I knew it in another guise. I will certainly check it out now and I am sure the tip will come in handy for others.
 
Marriage  - Edward O'Malley_Bridget O'Malley - Registrars entry.jpg
my main research about my Irish roots was quite a few years ago
It was quite a few years ago when i was using Roots too. I'm not sure how long I've been using the alternative but what I really like is being able to see the actual registers. They look like Parish registers but they are the Civil Registrar's entries. I was especially thrilled to find my great grandparents marriage in 1872. I had all sorts of different versions, including a photo of the actual church register that my brother obtained but it wasn't quite the same as what i got from Irish Genealogy.
Attached is my great grandparents marriage from Irish Genealogy.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top