If I and a known cousin are pointed at the same third person, in the absence of primary or secondary proof, how much confidence may we have in that suggested link?
If a second known cousin, different aunt/uncle, has the same link suggested is the confidence greater still i.e. greater than the sum of the parts?
I'm thinking about how to get round the cousins who won't communicate and may have minimal trees that don't go up far enough and the gap is too great, and I have no information, to allow me to go up, over, and down to meet them. Plugging away with the knowledge that there is something to be found, and where it might be found, is a very different prospect to "I don't have a clue where I'm headed".
Thoughts would be appreciated
AdrianH
If a second known cousin, different aunt/uncle, has the same link suggested is the confidence greater still i.e. greater than the sum of the parts?
I'm thinking about how to get round the cousins who won't communicate and may have minimal trees that don't go up far enough and the gap is too great, and I have no information, to allow me to go up, over, and down to meet them. Plugging away with the knowledge that there is something to be found, and where it might be found, is a very different prospect to "I don't have a clue where I'm headed".
Thoughts would be appreciated
AdrianH