Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
Intent on exploring some offshoot lines on my maternal (Adams) side, I came across the spouse named Angelina and sought to find her maiden name. I duly found it and it was Angelina Onions. That did not over worry me even if it did make my eyes water
(sorry). My first thought was I bet she's glad to become an Adams.
However I had to take issue with an Ancestry Researcher with whom I communicated who told me the name is likely to have been pronounced 'On-ay-ons' or perhaps 'On-hi-ons'(Reminds me of Mrs Bucket (Bouquet)). I disagreed, no reason just thought it was plain, common or garden (particularly the latter) ONIONS.
So let me throw it open as I have no proof either way, was in Onions or On-ay(hi)-ons? What does anyone else think?
We are talking the around the 1860's in the Midlands, Warwickshire/Staffordshire and her husband was a Jewellery Repairer likely in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham.
However I had to take issue with an Ancestry Researcher with whom I communicated who told me the name is likely to have been pronounced 'On-ay-ons' or perhaps 'On-hi-ons'(Reminds me of Mrs Bucket (Bouquet)). I disagreed, no reason just thought it was plain, common or garden (particularly the latter) ONIONS.
So let me throw it open as I have no proof either way, was in Onions or On-ay(hi)-ons? What does anyone else think?
We are talking the around the 1860's in the Midlands, Warwickshire/Staffordshire and her husband was a Jewellery Repairer likely in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham.