A cousin of my wife has listed two ancestors (father and son) in Scotland who have the prefix "Sir"
On a slight diverse -and not too serious note - I came across the same thing when exploring long ago the Australian arm of a quite famous pioneering family with the surname 'Humphrey' (singular). The connection was convoluted and tied to the spouse of my Australian nephew, where the Humphrey line was quite overpowering. I came across an Arthur
Sir Humphrey and although clearly the 'Sir' was not a prefix, I could not imagine anyone being given Sir as a middle name. So I explored further and indeed back to their British origins
(I was helped in this by another researcher who I got to know well, and he was a direct descendant of the Humphrey family from Wingrave in Buckinghamshire)
Long story short, he revealed that the the original pioneer Joseph Fleet Humphrey and wife Frances (Rodwell) emigrated in 1847 with two daughters and began the Humphrey clan settling in South Australia. Their next child, was baptised John
Sirr Humphrey and I can't recall whether we even satisfactorily explained the unusual second name, but it did go some way to explaining how one of the 'r's got dropped down the line in a baptism record for Arthur
Sir Humphrey. It was pleasing to note he was recorded as Arthur
Sirr Humphrey on his gravestone in Avoca, Victoria, and it was his line that began the connection to the spouse of my Nephew.