• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Just wondering...

Kate

LostCousins Member
Where does family history become nosiness?
I wouldn't ask anyone aboout their private life but in trying to research collateral lines I research forward to 1939 and maybe beyond. As some people don't have much of a tree, this seems necessary. Sometimes I wonder if it is a bit intrusive, though obviously these are public records.
 
When we're trying to make sense of DNA matches we often don't have a choice. As long as you keep the information to yourself I don't see that there is a problem.
 
Back
Top