Heather
LostCousins Member
Hi my name is Heather and I have been researching my family history for many years. I wasn't really interested in starting as I didn't have much information to go on, only knowing my grandmothers' names, both my grandfathers dying before I was born and my parents were both deceased as well, so no-one to ask for details. The well worn phrase that I am sure many of us have used springs to mind, "If only I had asked about the family whilst they were still alive"
My husband started to research his family history and I would try to help him, then I was bitten by the bug and have been addicted ever since. I am still finding new things out about the family as more and more information is posted on the internet, when I started there wasn't a great deal online, but now it is amazing what and where information comes from, yes there are many brick walls but it is such fun when the wall comes tumbling down.
My husband started to research his family history and I would try to help him, then I was bitten by the bug and have been addicted ever since. I am still finding new things out about the family as more and more information is posted on the internet, when I started there wasn't a great deal online, but now it is amazing what and where information comes from, yes there are many brick walls but it is such fun when the wall comes tumbling down.