• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

It made me look twice!

Tim

Megastar and Moderator
Staff member
I've not had a marriage certificate like this one before, have you seen anything similar?
I've just got to work out how they're related now....
upload_2020-12-30_16-25-9.png
 
Well the 2 Edward's are 1st cousins, making William and Susanna 2nd cousins.
 
I've got a few where all the people on the marriage certificate have the same surname - but not one (I don't think) where the fathers share the same name and occupation...

Here's one of mine. The fathers in this instance are brothers, which means this is a marriage of first cousins.

50780972828_08622d80db_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Tim
I have one of those as well, where the fathers were brothers. A marriage of first cousins and my grandmother was one of their 14 children. A "shotgun" marriage I suspect since the first daughter was born three months later.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tim
Here is mine, the fathers were brothers.
The groom's birth was registered as William Alfred, it's not clear when it was changed to William Henry. That certainly made me doubt my research, momentarily of course.
Marriage certificate - William Henry Gibbons_Adeline Frances Sarah Gibbons.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tim
Back
Top