Underdown49
LostCousins Member
I had never taken much notice of my family history until my 9 year old son asked me "Who was Grandma's Grandma?" I realised that I had no idea. So I asked my mother, who lived nearby. This prompted her to tell me the answer. The next day when I saw her she had thought of more information. And again the next day, and the next. Eventually I decided to write down what she had told me. Then I realised that I should record the information, and sought the local genealogical group to find out what to do. And that was 40 years ago - and I'm still at it! The next challenge is to write it up for the future - and that will take some time.
I have learned so much more than I expected - about history and about the people I have spoken to who have shared their stories. I have also travelled from Australia to the places where my ancestors came from a number of times - always learning more each time.
I have learned so much more than I expected - about history and about the people I have spoken to who have shared their stories. I have also travelled from Australia to the places where my ancestors came from a number of times - always learning more each time.