• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Issues with trying to delete facts

jorghes

LostCousins Superstar
I'm hoping that someone can help me out with this.

I have been attempting to clean up my main tree using FT Analyser and then cleaning up FTM as I go. I have been deleting a lot of "unknown spouses", duplicate facts I never created and other random things, but there is one thing that stumps me.

I have discovered a large number of phantom marriages - i.e. marriages which no longer have people attached to them and are just sitting in my database.

Does anyone know how to delete them?

Could I just change them into a new and random fact set and then delete that set of facts?

Any ideas??
 
Have they just become disconnected from a family jorghes? Or is it just a date and place with no names attached?
 
Have they just become disconnected from a family jorghes? Or is it just a date and place with no names attached?

I would say that they're from people that I have deleted, they're just dates and places with nothing else attached.
 
I'm hoping that someone can help me out with this.
....... Could I just change them into a new and random fact set and then delete that set of facts?

Any ideas??

That's probably the way I would do it though it is still tedious with the selection process - create a custom shared fact "_phantom", which will appear at the start of the list, and change the unwanted facts to that, then delete the custom fact.

However, due to the way I update trees, that is a convenient way for me to do it.

Phil
 
I suppose it depends on how many of these random dates you have in your tree, if it is just the one or two then I would simply delete the dates and hope that fixes the issue.
 
I'm hoping that someone can help me out with this.

I have been attempting to clean up my main tree using FT Analyser and then cleaning up FTM as I go. I have been deleting a lot of "unknown spouses", duplicate facts I never created and other random things, but there is one thing that stumps me.

I have discovered a large number of phantom marriages - i.e. marriages which no longer have people attached to them and are just sitting in my database.

Does anyone know how to delete them?

Could I just change them into a new and random fact set and then delete that set of facts?

Any ideas??
Hi, This is the way I use: On the Person Tab, select the person you want to remove (2nd red Box)
upload_2018-5-27_11-21-32.png

Click on Person, Attach/Detach Person and then Detach Selected Person.
upload_2018-5-27_11-24-56.png
 
Thanks Tim - I have been detaching the "unknown" spouses, it's been taking a while and it's a pain!
 
Back
Top