• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Isle of Bute, Buteshire

Ian

Member
The Isle of Bute, formally in Buteshire is now part of the council area "Argyll & Bute" and should therefore I feel be included here.
 
The Isle of Bute, formally in Buteshire is now part of the council area "Argyll & Bute" and should therefore I feel be included here.

Ian, in common with other genealogy sites we use 19th century county boundaries as far as possible - this is simpler for those who aren't familiar with the modern boundaries (the vast majority, I suspect), and it also insulates the forum from any future boundary changes.
 
Back
Top