Susan
LostCousins Member
I use a Windows laptop. The old way of adding records to a person was straight forward. A small box containing the details to be added followed by any other people to add for marriages, censuses etc. All the information with only a bit of scrolling down the page for even the largest family.
Now the box is huge with so much empty space. To enter a census there are only name and birth boxes filling the screen; I have to scroll down to the bottom half of the page to reach the 'residence' box. Having ticked that, I then have to click 'Next'. On the second page is the spouse followed by the children. Each person fills more than the screen. Scroll down past name and birth boxes to the spouse's residence box and tick. Scroll down past the first child's name and birth boxes to their residence box and tick. Do the same for each child and hopefully don't miss one during all the scrolling. Finally reach the 'save to tree' box. I'm wearing out the mouse scroll button.
And for some reason, they've started putting the youngest child in a census first and the oldest last.
I've attached two screenshots and they are just the first page. Each person on the second page takes up the same screen space.

Now the box is huge with so much empty space. To enter a census there are only name and birth boxes filling the screen; I have to scroll down to the bottom half of the page to reach the 'residence' box. Having ticked that, I then have to click 'Next'. On the second page is the spouse followed by the children. Each person fills more than the screen. Scroll down past name and birth boxes to the spouse's residence box and tick. Scroll down past the first child's name and birth boxes to their residence box and tick. Do the same for each child and hopefully don't miss one during all the scrolling. Finally reach the 'save to tree' box. I'm wearing out the mouse scroll button.
And for some reason, they've started putting the youngest child in a census first and the oldest last.
I've attached two screenshots and they are just the first page. Each person on the second page takes up the same screen space.

