Kate
LostCousins Member
I have an iron worker in my tree who, with his wife and several children went to Brussels and was there in 1866/7. I know this because the youngest daughter was born there, so obviously his wife had gone with him.
I asked the descendants if they knew any more and they, like me, assumed it was for work. A birth record for the child had not been found. Maybe the language barrier made it difficult.
The industrial revolution would have been well underway in Belgium, but would they have needed a worker from the Midlands of England? How would he have known where to go and presumably the job was organised before he left home.
Any comments would be welcome. Thanks
I asked the descendants if they knew any more and they, like me, assumed it was for work. A birth record for the child had not been found. Maybe the language barrier made it difficult.
The industrial revolution would have been well underway in Belgium, but would they have needed a worker from the Midlands of England? How would he have known where to go and presumably the job was organised before he left home.
Any comments would be welcome. Thanks