• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Irish Genealogy Websites

  • Thread starter Thread starter At home in NZ
  • Start date Start date
A

At home in NZ

Guest
I have been researching my Irish ancestry for about 8 years, it is not easy and I am unable to go beyond my great grandparents marriage in 1872 because they were Catholics from Westport in County Mayo and records do not go back far enough. Complicating matters, they both had the same last name and when I visited Westport I was told that my great grandmother had the most common name in the area.

Websites I have found useful (may or may not have been provided elsewhere in the Forum):
Irish Genealogy Toolkit
Flyleaf Press
Irish Genealogy - what is avaiable
 
Back
Top