AnneC
LostCousins Star
It seems an unlikely place to find information, but if you're careful not to get caught up in trivial comments there is a wealth of background information and potential contacts to be found.
Historic Ipswich (UK) has many old pictures and maps of Ipswich.
Ipswich My Home Town has more pictures of old Ipswich, but also has sections by topic (weddings, pubs, military etc) I have found several family contacts previously unknown to me by recognising a surname of someone in an old photograph on the page.
Chantry Estate is where I grew up, and this is a collection of school, street, car, house photos ranging from 1950's to present day.
Historic Ipswich (UK) has many old pictures and maps of Ipswich.
Ipswich My Home Town has more pictures of old Ipswich, but also has sections by topic (weddings, pubs, military etc) I have found several family contacts previously unknown to me by recognising a surname of someone in an old photograph on the page.
Chantry Estate is where I grew up, and this is a collection of school, street, car, house photos ranging from 1950's to present day.