• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Inquests

AnneC

LostCousins Star
One of my ancestors died at a young age, and an inquest was held in Newcastle on 5th May 1930. Without actually travelling to Newcastle to visit libraries/record office does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can find out more? I have already searched in the Newspaper Archive, and tried Google, but no joy.
 
Have you tried contacting direct the likely local paper or papers that may have reported the inquest? Also the local County Council may help. Have you tried this link? They are both sources I used to get the answer for a 1953 death.
 
Libraries often have back copies of local papers & helpful librarians will look up specific issues/dates if you can't get there yourself - will of course charge for copies etc. I have found a couple of useful inquest reports - both remarkably detailed so well worth tracking down.
 
Libraries often have back copies of local papers & helpful librarians will look up specific issues/dates if you can't get there yourself - will of course charge for copies etc. I have found a couple of useful inquest reports - both remarkably detailed so well worth tracking down.
Luckily I had help from someone on another forum who did a lookup in the local newspaper, and although he didn't find the inquest report, found a report of the death with the funeral details including names of the immediate family. I will keep looking.
 
Back