Carla
LostCousins Star
I want to say a BIG thank you to Peter. In the latest Lost Cousins Newsletter, amongst all the other interesting information, was one that caught my eye and got me thinking...
To be totally honest i had never thought about this! Along with other people i have made a joke of the fact that my sons are not that interested in our family history at this moment in time, and the fact that i hope they will as they grow older. I have commented, as have others, that interest in family ancestry tends to happen later in life, although not always. I have my information filed and have an online Gedcom. I have lots of paperwork and lots of certificates. But is it all in order. No way!
Not only that but what if something happens to me? I am the researcher of the family. In fact the researcher for all my extended family...and my husbands too. So who would i like to have this information should i be unable to continue, for whatever reason?

Who will inherit your online accounts?
To be totally honest i had never thought about this! Along with other people i have made a joke of the fact that my sons are not that interested in our family history at this moment in time, and the fact that i hope they will as they grow older. I have commented, as have others, that interest in family ancestry tends to happen later in life, although not always. I have my information filed and have an online Gedcom. I have lots of paperwork and lots of certificates. But is it all in order. No way!
To my utter horror i was in that 90%. But not any more. As soon as i read this i went and filled in the details of my beneficiary. Thank you for bringing this to my attention PeterBut what I found most interesting about the announcement is that Google are 8 years behind LostCousins in identifying the problem - since 2005 it has been possible to enter on your My Details page the email address of the person you would like to inherit your LostCousins account.
![]()
That said, 90% of the readers of this newsletter haven't completed that box. Maybe you should?