I meant that the dropdown menus work. It would be helpful if you told us what set-up you were using when they stopped working for you.Define "works fine" in this context.
I meant that the dropdown menus work. It would be helpful if you told us what set-up you were using when they stopped working for you.Define "works fine" in this context.
That seems to happen when the Ancestry home page doesn’t load fully, as it sometimes seems not to. It seems that menu bar at the top of the page doesn’t load properly, and then some of the drop-downs don’t work as they should. So far it has only happened to me with the home page, and if I go to another page the drop-downs work fine.The main stupidity, in my opinion, is that the "drop-down" banner menus no longer exist, they go to what Ancestry consider the relevant page - for example, select what was the "trees" drop-down and you get what was the last entry "manage trees" and "Search" goes to the global/do everything search page
I meant that the dropdown menus work. It would be helpful if you told us what set-up you were using when they stopped working for you.
I agree.I don't do DNA and this is all putting me off even more.
As for me in W10/Edge. And "Works fine" means it works for me as before, in other words: have no idea what is troubling you so must be down to your (likely non Windows) set up I would think.Works fine for me using Windows 10 and Chrome.
I agree. I am also W10 with Chrome. I have no issues whatsoever with Ancestry.As for me in W10/Edge. And "Works fine" means it works for me as before, in other words: have no idea what is troubling you so must be down to your (likely non Windows) set up I would think.
I can't reproduce the problem using Windows 10 with Chrome, Opera, or Edge.
As for me in W10/Edge. And "Works fine" means it works for me as before, in other words: have no idea what is troubling you so must be down to your (likely non Windows) set up I would think.
I'd agree with the Browser not being responsible, but the set up (none Windows, and W10 in particular) is the most likely culprit, that and your comment about the Home page not fully loading.I’ve seen this issue reported by others elsewhere, and there’s nothing to suggest it’s peculiar to any particular browser or set-up.
Yes gave up on Firefox a while back, too many updates which if ignored or unaware that one existed, caused it to play 'silly devils' and there were too many for comfort . Of late Opera (normally constant and working fine) seems to be updating regularly, but, unlike Firefox, they seem to go through without problem. I mostly use Edge (which has a Chrome base anyway) and find it the most trouble free...but what do I know?Just run my Windows 10 (virtual machine) system and Firefox 83.0 exhibited the same problem. There was an update to 92.0.1 available, so installed that and a quick test shows "normal" operation.