I have an Ancestry DNA match that I share 62 cMs with.
I think that they are descended from my 3* gt grandfather Thos A and his second wife Clarrie C, whereas I am descended from my 3* gt grandfather Thos A and his first wife Betty B.
The plot thickens because Thos A's second wife Clarrie C was also the daughter of my 3*gt grandfather John D and his first wife Hattie E. I am descended from John D and his second wife Mary F, via their son Freddie G. Freddie G Married Mary J, who was the daughter of Thomas A and Betty B.
I am attaching a quick sketch that may, or may not, help to follow all of that.
My 'Family Historian' software tells me that my match is BOTH my half 4th cousin AND my half 4th cousin once removed.
A further complication is that my great grandfather Fred H, who was the son of Freddie G and the grandson of John D and Mary F above, married a woman - my great grandmother Josie I - who was from a family where there was also pedigree collapse. On that line, my 9* gt grandmother is also my 7* gt grandmother, because two of her descendants married each other.
The DNA Painter shared CM tool doesn't seem to cater for half 4th cousin relationships, which suggests that they are unlikely to show up as DNA matches. However, given the pedigree collapse detailed above, is it likely that my match and I would share 62 cMs?
I have tried to follow the articles about pedigree collapse calculations that the DNA Painter site links me to, but maths is not my forte, so I wonder if anyone here understands it better than I do? If not I will persevere, but I thought it worth seeking advice before devoting many more hours to this problem.
Thanks in advance for any constructive input.
I think that they are descended from my 3* gt grandfather Thos A and his second wife Clarrie C, whereas I am descended from my 3* gt grandfather Thos A and his first wife Betty B.
The plot thickens because Thos A's second wife Clarrie C was also the daughter of my 3*gt grandfather John D and his first wife Hattie E. I am descended from John D and his second wife Mary F, via their son Freddie G. Freddie G Married Mary J, who was the daughter of Thomas A and Betty B.
I am attaching a quick sketch that may, or may not, help to follow all of that.

My 'Family Historian' software tells me that my match is BOTH my half 4th cousin AND my half 4th cousin once removed.
A further complication is that my great grandfather Fred H, who was the son of Freddie G and the grandson of John D and Mary F above, married a woman - my great grandmother Josie I - who was from a family where there was also pedigree collapse. On that line, my 9* gt grandmother is also my 7* gt grandmother, because two of her descendants married each other.
The DNA Painter shared CM tool doesn't seem to cater for half 4th cousin relationships, which suggests that they are unlikely to show up as DNA matches. However, given the pedigree collapse detailed above, is it likely that my match and I would share 62 cMs?
I have tried to follow the articles about pedigree collapse calculations that the DNA Painter site links me to, but maths is not my forte, so I wonder if anyone here understands it better than I do? If not I will persevere, but I thought it worth seeking advice before devoting many more hours to this problem.
Thanks in advance for any constructive input.