• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

I wanted to try and link my father's parents as there was only one letter different

JudithB

LostCousins Member
Both my father's parents had the same surname, their Christian names were Francis and Frances and both born in the same village. On searching backwards, not only were their families from different areas of the county, but they were 2 more lines of the same surname. I spent many hours of research on the 4 lines, but never managed to connect them, though I have hit a few brick walls. I've also spent many hours researching other lines too on both sides of the family. Girlguiding takes over family research from time to time, but the search goes on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tim
That sounds like joy! I had similar problems with Davies marrying Davies, Jones marrying Jones and several mixtures, you will not believe how many William Williams there are just in one corner of Wales. At least you have something to do that gets you away from all the names, is there a guide badge for genealogy?
 
Back
Top