The title sums it up, but there are several reasons why I like it.
I started family history research in about 2001 and I "road tested" several of the programs available then and had no hesitation in deciding that Legacy was the one I would choose. I've never regretted the decision and Legacy has added many new features since then, which make it even more attractive to me. (It also has several new features which I don't use, but which many others do.)
Firstly, the basic program is totally free of charge and is very usable. Only if you want all the bells and whistles do you need to upgrade to the deluxe version and that is very reasonably priced. The program integrates fairly seamlessly with FamilySearch if you wish, but integration can be "switched off" and you need never know it is there. Being something of a stickler for "doing things properly" I found the system or Sourcing fairly easy to use, but when the SourceWriter was introduced I switched to that and use it all the time. It has templates for hundred of difference Source types and makes entering them accurately and consistently to a professional standard a doddle.
When I first started using Legacy I watched some of the available tutorial videos and worked through all the lessons in the Tutorial, which I found excellent. I joined the Legacy User Group (mailing list) and am still an active member. (I understand there is a huge following for the Facebook group, also.) The online help is good and usually solves any minor problems I encounter but on occasion I have had to call on the Support Staff and found them unfailingly helpful. Also hugely helpful are the regular Legacy Webinars.
Have I said enough to convince you?!
I started family history research in about 2001 and I "road tested" several of the programs available then and had no hesitation in deciding that Legacy was the one I would choose. I've never regretted the decision and Legacy has added many new features since then, which make it even more attractive to me. (It also has several new features which I don't use, but which many others do.)
Firstly, the basic program is totally free of charge and is very usable. Only if you want all the bells and whistles do you need to upgrade to the deluxe version and that is very reasonably priced. The program integrates fairly seamlessly with FamilySearch if you wish, but integration can be "switched off" and you need never know it is there. Being something of a stickler for "doing things properly" I found the system or Sourcing fairly easy to use, but when the SourceWriter was introduced I switched to that and use it all the time. It has templates for hundred of difference Source types and makes entering them accurately and consistently to a professional standard a doddle.
When I first started using Legacy I watched some of the available tutorial videos and worked through all the lessons in the Tutorial, which I found excellent. I joined the Legacy User Group (mailing list) and am still an active member. (I understand there is a huge following for the Facebook group, also.) The online help is good and usually solves any minor problems I encounter but on occasion I have had to call on the Support Staff and found them unfailingly helpful. Also hugely helpful are the regular Legacy Webinars.
Have I said enough to convince you?!