The Rhymer
LostCousins Member
Two of my 4 x great-grandparents, William Garland and Mary Keeton, were married in Metheringham, Lincolnshire, on 25 September 1806.
I have recently found out that the parents of Mary Keeton, whom I thought to be Charles Keeton and Mary, née Sewell, had the following children, all in Metheringham:
Matthew, baptised Jan 1771, died April 1771
Charles, baptised Jan 1774, died September 1775
Martha, baptised March 1781, died February 1789
and
Mary, baptised 16 Aug 1776, died April 1777.
"My" Mary is on the 1841 and 1851 Census, where she gives her date of birth as about 1776/7 and her birthplace as Metheringham, and she died, according to her death certificate, on 26 November 1858 in New Sleaford where both she and William are buried.
So do I really exist ... or not?
I have recently found out that the parents of Mary Keeton, whom I thought to be Charles Keeton and Mary, née Sewell, had the following children, all in Metheringham:
Matthew, baptised Jan 1771, died April 1771
Charles, baptised Jan 1774, died September 1775
Martha, baptised March 1781, died February 1789
and
Mary, baptised 16 Aug 1776, died April 1777.
"My" Mary is on the 1841 and 1851 Census, where she gives her date of birth as about 1776/7 and her birthplace as Metheringham, and she died, according to her death certificate, on 26 November 1858 in New Sleaford where both she and William are buried.
So do I really exist ... or not?