Norman
LostCousins Member
Thought I would post a link to a genealogy data recording program that I had not come across before.
Before reading further, two caveats.
Recent changes and the hassle of uploading more than 3400 files every time I want to update it meant updating was not too frequent.
A Rootmagic forums member mentioned a program that was on his short list for evaluation and, rather than wait, I decided to install and test it myself. It is called HuMo-Gen. Be aware that you will need web space that includes MySql database and PHP.
I only installed it yesterday but, so far, I am delighted with what is possible. It can be used to both record and display your data in many forms and can be populated and updated with just a single gedcom file upload.
It supports "privatisation" and allows for a "guest" access that requires no login also "family" and "admin" logins for greater access rights.
Here is the "guest" access for my data. It has not yet been integrated into my family web site.
Before reading further, two caveats.
- I have NO connection with the program or author
- The program has to be installed and run from a web server. It is not a PC or MAC based application so runs within a personal web site
Recent changes and the hassle of uploading more than 3400 files every time I want to update it meant updating was not too frequent.
A Rootmagic forums member mentioned a program that was on his short list for evaluation and, rather than wait, I decided to install and test it myself. It is called HuMo-Gen. Be aware that you will need web space that includes MySql database and PHP.
I only installed it yesterday but, so far, I am delighted with what is possible. It can be used to both record and display your data in many forms and can be populated and updated with just a single gedcom file upload.
It supports "privatisation" and allows for a "guest" access that requires no login also "family" and "admin" logins for greater access rights.
Here is the "guest" access for my data. It has not yet been integrated into my family web site.