• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How You can Help Yourself to Taste Success!

This is a new feature that hasn't been rolled out yet, so I won't mention what it's for.
But there is a discussion here on the topic. :)
 
Three of my original referrals were to ppl who I knew had no connection with me but I still wanted them to be part of this great facility and have emailed them separately just to jog their memory. I assume that it is OK to invite those who are in no way connected with us?

Absolutely invite anyone you can think of that has an interest in family history to join the main site and enter their relatives. This is why I was saying we could post a message on Family History Society Facebook page to spread the word once the forum is launched.

Can I please ask a question? Well, yes, of course I can ask it....duuuhh. What I mean is, on my Home page is a sentence that I don't understand and wonder if you would please tell me. It's this: "Your coupon code is: XS??????? (use this at the LostCousins forum)" replace ? with numbers.

The coupon code is a new feature for the forum we have yet to fully decide how it is used in the meantime Peter has been experimenting with creating the codes. Once the details are worked out an announcement will be made and instructions given.
 
Absolutely invite anyone you can think of that has an interest in family history to join the main site and enter their relatives. This is why I was saying we could post a message on Family History Society Facebook page to spread the word once the forum is launched.



The coupon code is a new feature for the forum we have yet to fully decide how it is used in the meantime Peter has been experimenting with creating the codes. Once the details are worked out an announcement will be made and instructions given.

Good, I'll get back to doing more referrals. And will wait to see what the coupon code is eventually used for. Thanks
 
Absolutely invite anyone you can think of that has an interest in family history to join the main site and enter their relatives. This is why I was saying we could post a message on Family History Society Facebook page to spread the word once the forum is launched.
On your My Summary page you'll find a link just under your Membership Number. It links to the LostCousins site and inserts your membership number in the Referral Codes box on the registration form, so that I can see that it was you who invited that member to join. At the moment there's no way you yourself can track how many people have joined after clicking your link, but I can tell you.

This method is ideal when you're inviting a whole bunch of people who you may not know individually, such as people on a mailing list or members of a family history society.
 
Peter your comment on referrals prompted me to go back to see what had happened to all those I had previously invited. To those who had taken no action I re-sent the invitation, however, they were quite old so some of the email addresses could be out of date. Fingers crossed they're not.
The text of the reminder is displayed before it is sent. Rather than sending a standard reminder you can copy the text into an email of your own and make it more personal - this is also an ideal solution if you know that your friend's email address has changed.

Please note that it doesn't matter whether your friend or relative registers using a different email address so long as they use the referral code. However, if they forget to enter the referral code, but do use the same email address then the referral code will be entered automatically.
 
The text of the reminder is displayed before it is sent. Rather than sending a standard reminder you can copy the text into an email of your own and make it more personal - this is also an ideal solution if you know that your friend's email address has changed.

Please note that it doesn't matter whether your friend or relative registers using a different email address so long as they use the referral code. However, if they forget to enter the referral code, but do use the same email address then the referral code will be entered automatically.

Sorry for the delay but thanks for these two explanations Peter
 
Hi Everyone!

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.

  • 49 new members joined the LostCousins site
  • 4,383 new entries have been added and
  • 150 relatives have been matched.
So since I started recording, 8,366 new ancestors have been added and 386 matches have been made which gives us a ratio of 1 match per 22 ancestors added.

These are great numbers, but I know how much better it will be when the forum goes live.

So keep typing everyone, and I'll post again here next week. Remember, more than 4,383 entries is the target for next week :)
 
graph01.jpg

Sorry it took so long, I'm not very good at all this sort of stuff, but hopefully this will work.

If I have problems I'll try asking Tim or Alexander, they seem to know the difference between a USB and the backend of an io bus. :)
 
Hi Everyone!

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.
  • 28 new members joined the LostCousins site
  • 2,452 new entries have been added and
  • 84 relatives have been matched.
The numbers are not quite as good as last week, probably due to the fact the sun has come out! Match ratio was 1 match per 27 ancestors added.

graph01.jpg
 
Hi Everyone!

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.
  • 32 new members joined the LostCousins site
  • 2,615 new entries have been added and
  • 71 relatives have been matched.
Here's a graph that shows the progress and how well everyone is doing, we're averaging 2,600 new entries added each week, that's a great achievement everybody. clapping.gif

graph01.jpg
 
Hi Everyone!

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.
  • 34 new members joined the LostCousins site
  • 2,012 new entries have been added and
  • 69 relatives have been matched.
Here's a graph that shows the progress and how well everyone is doing, we're averaging 2,600 new entries added each week, that's a great achievement everybody. Peter's mentioned in the News Letter that he will be inviting more members soon, once they get on the forum here and see what's available in the form of resources and help, then the numbers should start to rise. :)

graph01.jpg
 
Hi Everyone!

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.
  • 58 new members joined the LostCousins site
  • 1,437 new entries have been added and
  • 82 relatives have been matched.
Here's a graph that shows the progress and how well everyone is doing. The number of new entries has slowed a bit, maybe something to do with the weather? But the ratio of people added to relatives found is about 17.5, that's still a great achievement everybody.

graph01.jpg
 
Thanks RD for the posts. It seems to me that the forum is getting quieter - is it worth adding forum posts to your tracking? Is everyone else watching Wimbledon? :) I'm not - I'm trying to sort out a branch of my family with a contact - there'll be some more cousins to add in due course!
 
It seems to me that the forum is getting quieter - is it worth adding forum posts to your tracking? Is everyone else watching Wimbledon?
Not me - I'm writing a newsletter. But when I've done that I'm going to invite some new members to join the forum.
 
Hi Everyone!

Tennis? It must be the rugby surely? :)

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.
  • 47 new members joined the LostCousins site
  • 2,830 new entries have been added and
  • 145 relatives have been matched.
Here's a graph that shows the progress and how well everyone is doing. A good week over at Lost Cousins, 145 new matches, hopefully lots of happy and excited people. The ratio of people added to relatives found is about 19.5, the average over the timeframe is 24.5, so we're better than average.

And a big welcome to all the new Forum members that have joined this week. Have a look around, see how people are working out who else can be added to LC, and participate!

graph01.jpg
 
Back
Top