Best to focus on entering relatives from 1881 - you're far more likely to get matches from that census. But the best way to find relatives in 1881 is to start in 1841 (or earlier if you can), then track each branch and twig through the censuses.
That is what I am doing now but have had to start in 1761 as when I traced all I could from my 3xGreat-Grandfather born in 1819 (he had 8 children) most lines die out. My Grandfather did a lot of work and I have redone what he did from scratch and compared results finding very few and very minor differences. The Indian Mutiny, The Boer War ,WW1 and WW2 brought so many lines to a sudden halt. My Grandfather concentrated on the male line so most of my work has been tracing female line descendants.
I have written up my findings so far and had it printed up using a small commercial printer in Gloucester that specialises in small print runs. When I find a cousin I send a copy of the book (all 250 pages of it!) in the hope that my relative can add to the story. I have only included people who I know are dead or who are named on The 1939 Register as I am worried about fraud etc.
What I have found is that our much loved family scroll is wrong - my 5xGreatgrandfather did not have the parents attributed as such on the scroll - and even worse not only can I prove it but so can the descendants of the "wrong" parents - again only a single line of that family survive and we exchange letters and emails. It is so easy to make assumptions when there are unusual names in small hamlets and the possibility of two (or more) men with the same name in the same place at almost the same time isn't considered. My findings about the scroll have not been welcomed, and I thought I had been diplomatic when showing my evidence