6th cousins are great, as long as they are concentrating on the same blood lines as me and not ones randomly related via the marriage of an ancestor's sibling or distant cousin.
Having already entered all my direct ancestors and their descendants, spouses and siblings on LC from the 1841, 1881 and 1911 censuses, Irish 1911 and US 1880 and 1940, I am about to embark on adding all my remaining 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th cousins (plus cousins removed) who are not already listed and with a view to possibly looking at autosomnal DNA in the future, I have also investigated both male and female blood lines down to the present generation where possible.
A few months ago relationships such as 'husband of grand aunt of wife of third cousin twice removed' etc etc appeared on my tree, but on revisiting these entries today, I note that they have been altered to read to 'no direct relationship found' and it is these entries which I shall not be entering for the time being, as I can add no further information about the families, other than the fact the surname also occurs in my tree. (Unfortunately I don't know how to keep such branches separate from my main ancestral tree, so they are all mixed in together).
To include them on LC really is an impossibility at present, as I need to prioritise and get the more direct cousins listed first. Like Bryman, I have investigated numerous apparently non-related lines with a familiar surname, especially in rural areas where intermarriage seemed frequent and often struck gold, but when ancestors were extremely mobile, like many of my mariners and 'nomadic' lines, I have found this blanket approach doesn't help much unless the surname is extremely rare.
With unusual surnames like HORTOP and MINTOFT , I have investigated almost every occurrence (though not an official one name study), since the surnames were restricted almost exclusively to one county prior to 1900 and therefore likely to be related, so I might be inclined to list some apparently unrelated people on LC in the hope that I get a bite, but it would be counterproductive to do that for every surname in my tree.
All my early research - the first 15 -20 years or so - was carried out at local record offices where I painstakingly recorded every instance of a surname in which I was interested, covering all parishes within a wide radius of my ancestors' origins from about 1750 to 1880, so I would feel confident answering queries on these lines as I have primary data.
To date, I have located 11 cousins on LC, half of which are through marriage........ How about anyone else?