chrissy1
LostCousins Star
12 months on and I am slowly getting through the 'hints' on my FTM, many of which are member submitted and of dubious factual use, but in the process I have realised that for every person in my tree, the relationship to me is clearly displayed (my old program only offered selected relationships), so in due course I will list 19111, 1881 and 1841 census entries on Lost Cousins for any remaining people I amy have missed who are a direct cousins or cousins x-times removed, ignoring any relationships through marriage. In this way, I can focus on the people who are most likely to bring me results and about whom I can offer information to other researchers, rather than going off on a tangent on lines where I have little or no interest. As I have a very large tree, I have realised that I have probably missed recording some people on LC, particularly the the children and grandchildren of my great great grandparents' siblings......
I have been using the relationship status to determine whether or not to save a copy of relevant census entries in my FTM and suddenly realised it is the perfect way to determine who to add to my LC list....but that will take time as I am currently on childminding duty for the summer holidays! Alexander's FTA didn't work with my old program, but I will give it a try in due course, though I am sure it will flag up very distant relationships by marriage which I pursued in an attempt to trace my cousins, but do not want to add to LC....
Great to see how well the LC membership is progressing.
I have been using the relationship status to determine whether or not to save a copy of relevant census entries in my FTM and suddenly realised it is the perfect way to determine who to add to my LC list....but that will take time as I am currently on childminding duty for the summer holidays! Alexander's FTA didn't work with my old program, but I will give it a try in due course, though I am sure it will flag up very distant relationships by marriage which I pursued in an attempt to trace my cousins, but do not want to add to LC....
Great to see how well the LC membership is progressing.