• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How to produce a 'direct Ancestors' tree

PhilipL

New Member
In Peter’s very useful DNA Masterclass, he recommended uploading a tree of only direct ancestors to link with DNA results in Ancestry.

I currently have my full trees in Family Tree Maker 2024 and Ancestry (as a private but searchable tree).

I want to replace the tree that I currently have linked to my DNA results but I'm having trouble creating a new direct ancestor tree; is there any guidance please? I've had a look on the LC Forum but I've failed to find specific advice.

Ancestry doesn't appear to have the capability. I think FTM SHOULD to be able to do this but it doesn't appear to give the correct list!. I tried FTAnalyzer but the 'Export Minimalist Gedcom' option only appears to give me a partial tree - mainly paternal ancestors.

Any further advice appreciated.
 
FTAnalyzer should work, have you made sure that the correct person is set as root?
 
Back
Top