Marguerite
LostCousins Member
I've searched on here for a thread in which to put my outcomings but am quite in awe of the "Members offer their top tips" Forum.
So here we - I hope it can nevertheless be placed usefully.
I went through my tree, as I do from time to time, trying to tie up loose ends. I re-read my great aunt's probate entry and studied the names of the beneficaries. Two males, one an insurance agent and the other a fishmonger. Her husband and sons had died but there was one daughter for whom I had only the birth date.
I checked out the fishmonger and found out that he was her daughter's husband. Many parents left their money to the husband of their female offspring.
Now I have been able to add their offspring to my ancestors' list and, I have made an "awesome jump".
So here we - I hope it can nevertheless be placed usefully.
I went through my tree, as I do from time to time, trying to tie up loose ends. I re-read my great aunt's probate entry and studied the names of the beneficaries. Two males, one an insurance agent and the other a fishmonger. Her husband and sons had died but there was one daughter for whom I had only the birth date.
I checked out the fishmonger and found out that he was her daughter's husband. Many parents left their money to the husband of their female offspring.
Now I have been able to add their offspring to my ancestors' list and, I have made an "awesome jump".