Bryman
LostCousins Megastar
I don't know how Bryman organises his tree (a separate tree for each family line, perhaps), but you can have multiple trees in a single file - very useful when you're doing a family reconstitution, or a One-Name Study, and have yet to find the connections (if any).
Yes, a separate tree (file) for each male line with 'external' hyperlinks from each spouse to their 'birth' tree. When a female takes a partner, the male links back to his family tree, where his parents and the children are recorded. This is probably something to do with my history of software development and the use of forward and backward chains.
I refer to the multiple trees in a single file as branches, with 'internal' hyperlinks between them. I have probably gone beyond what the original developers of GenoPro envisioned and so far they have not caught up. I can always hope that will not always be so.
My own tree is split into two files - file for my paternal relatives and one for my maternal relatives
Peter could also have made that 4 files, one for each grand parent. I just went a bit further. GenoPro is so flexible and it is possible to organise things to suit one's particular needs. Trees can be auto arranged but I tend to make adjustments manually once I have each branch the way I want it. Splitting and joining branches is trivial. Making such adjustments manually also leads to a better understanding of the elements of the tree.
With Genopro it's very easy to split trees and join them up. You can also have hyperlinks although I'm not sure how they feed through into the resulting Gedcom.
That is the area where I have perhaps gone too far, for now. 'Internal' links between branches are transparent and the generated Gedcom file is the same as generated for a single tree. 'External' links between trees are not handled at all so I cannot generate a single Gedcom file for all of my trees together.
I really feel that this particular discussion is not something which is relevant for the general forum and suggest that if anyone wishes to go into more detail that they send me a PM to avoid boring most members. I can then send copies of a couple of branches to illustrate the layout and linkages if appropriate.