• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How I have identified records to add to my Lost Cousins

AdrienneQ

Moderator
Staff member
I thought I had done quite well with the 132 entries I have on Lost Cousins .
I had followed my blood lines in FTM and then entered any Census records I found, this had given me 3 contacts.
Since joining the Forum I have come across Alexanders program FTAnalyer for investigating your GEDCOM file. As this program is still in a Beta state I did some testing and he was very helpful in making a couple of tweaks to return a better set of data.
The program produces lists of people who have s Census records for you to enter in Lost cousins.
There is a method of excluding those who you have a already entered, to do this in FTM you go to Edit>>Manage Facts and add a Label "Lost Cousins". You then add this to all the people you have already entered by (In a couple of cases this means 3 entries for 1841, 1881 and 1911).
After doing this preparation work I produced a new GEDCOM and found another 232 records for me to enter. I will let you know if I get any more matches.screen_2013-05-15 07.36.52.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top