• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How I got started in Family History

Karen

Member
I started when my brother died, leaving my Dad as the last of the male Marsdens. I hoped to find male Marsden cousins from further back, but after almost 20 years of hunting have not been successful. On the other hand I have found all sorts of interesting family stories - including the sad by slightly amusing death of an ancestor who fell from the roof of her husband's pub into a water butt. It has also been good to find how my family is related to all the people known as "a cousin of your grandmother".
 
Back
Top