A
At home in NZ
Guest
One of my brothers, born in England, came to NZ at the age of 10, moved to Australia in his early 20s, married and had a family and died in Australia in 2018.
He never lived in USA.
I have an email from Ancestry with the subject line of: Is there more to discover about, followed by my brother's name.
The attached file shows what is in the body of the email but not all of it, there is also an advice that my brother was was of 1 children born in abcdef. Maybe there was one other born at that address but there were 4 of us!
Furthermore, there is this:
During XXXXX's lifetime, people in England with the last name private had an average of
1 children
I find the above extremely intrusive, in poor taste and .
Even more annoyingly there is a link to Email Preferences, clicked on that to be taken to the Australia version of Ancestry and presented with the login. Did that then went to my Communications Settings > Trees page to find my email notifications are set at nil.
I also found 'Unsubscribe' at the foot of the email and clicked on that to be taken to the United States version of Ancestry and this:
You've successfully unsubscribed from the following emails: Education and personalized offers*
The asterisk indicates advice about still receiving emails about accounts etc.
I never knew I had or even could sign up for Education and personalised offers!!!
I'm not signed up now so I am, hopefully, unlikely to get any more suggestions to follow the ghosts of my close relatives.
He never lived in USA.
I have an email from Ancestry with the subject line of: Is there more to discover about, followed by my brother's name.
The attached file shows what is in the body of the email but not all of it, there is also an advice that my brother was was of 1 children born in abcdef. Maybe there was one other born at that address but there were 4 of us!
Furthermore, there is this:
During XXXXX's lifetime, people in England with the last name private had an average of
1 children
I find the above extremely intrusive, in poor taste and .
Even more annoyingly there is a link to Email Preferences, clicked on that to be taken to the Australia version of Ancestry and presented with the login. Did that then went to my Communications Settings > Trees page to find my email notifications are set at nil.
I also found 'Unsubscribe' at the foot of the email and clicked on that to be taken to the United States version of Ancestry and this:
You've successfully unsubscribed from the following emails: Education and personalized offers*
The asterisk indicates advice about still receiving emails about accounts etc.
I never knew I had or even could sign up for Education and personalised offers!!!
I'm not signed up now so I am, hopefully, unlikely to get any more suggestions to follow the ghosts of my close relatives.