• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Hiring a researcher

So I guess the question here is whether there is any evidence of them using or claiming legal rights as Vera's parents at any stage after 1927.
Not that I am aware of and I have no proof that they did formerly adopt her when they would have been able to, certainly when she and my father died and we cleared the house we found no evidence of a birth certificate or in my Grandfathers house although as my Uncle had died in the house and not been found for 3 weeks we did not hang around for long. In hindsight we wish we had.
My brother contacted the church where she was baptised and got a copy of her baptism certificate which stated she was the adopted child of Alfred and Annie Tracey.
 
(I suspect you meant "formally".) I take it the baptism certificate, though showing she was adopted, gives no information re her natural parents.
 
Back
Top