Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
There it goes again, someone concerned about ‘My Heritage’ (MH) which has now extended its reach through its ‘Hints’ and ‘Tie-ins’ with established programs like Legacy & Roots Magic. ( I have dropped Legacy and have not used Roots Magic).
I have had my own experiences with ‘MH’ -as many will know as I have posted often enough – and so understand only too well they pay no regard to data protection of any kind. Their concept is simple, and can be effective…put everyone in touch with everyone by whatever means available… and sadly today their means are greater than ever.
Subscribers will have ‘smart matches’ thrown at them from every angle, and non-subscribers - linked through ‘tie-in- subscriptions - will be tempted by forbidden fruit in the form of ‘Hints’. I am reminded of the nursery rhyme…” come into the parlour said the spider to the fly”.
Of course, on occasion (but infrequently as it is more a matter of chance than solid foundation) you will strike gold. Just do not be surprised if it also reveals things that others -who pay regard to data protection - would be required to withhold.
I have had my own experiences with ‘MH’ -as many will know as I have posted often enough – and so understand only too well they pay no regard to data protection of any kind. Their concept is simple, and can be effective…put everyone in touch with everyone by whatever means available… and sadly today their means are greater than ever.
Subscribers will have ‘smart matches’ thrown at them from every angle, and non-subscribers - linked through ‘tie-in- subscriptions - will be tempted by forbidden fruit in the form of ‘Hints’. I am reminded of the nursery rhyme…” come into the parlour said the spider to the fly”.
Of course, on occasion (but infrequently as it is more a matter of chance than solid foundation) you will strike gold. Just do not be surprised if it also reveals things that others -who pay regard to data protection - would be required to withhold.