Carol
Member
I've only found my great grandfather, Charles Walker, on 3 censuses, 1891, 1901, 1911.
He supposedly 'married' Sarah Green, nee Evans. I have her marriage to Henry Green in 1875, they had 3 children on the 1881 census. I know Sarah and Henry had another child in 1882, and possibly one in 1884, the baptism of this says husband was deceased.
Then in 1891 Charles turns up, living at the same address in Hackney, Tyssen St, with Sarah. All the children are now Walkers.
I can't find their marriage cert. I've looked on the 81 for Charles, best one is a lodger. he's either born in 53, 58 or 61, in Dalston, Islington or Stoke Newington. Now I know these areas are all close together, so not too worried about that bit.
Charles is on the voting lists in 1890 at Tyssen St.
So has anyone got an idea of where I can go now?
He supposedly 'married' Sarah Green, nee Evans. I have her marriage to Henry Green in 1875, they had 3 children on the 1881 census. I know Sarah and Henry had another child in 1882, and possibly one in 1884, the baptism of this says husband was deceased.
Then in 1891 Charles turns up, living at the same address in Hackney, Tyssen St, with Sarah. All the children are now Walkers.
I can't find their marriage cert. I've looked on the 81 for Charles, best one is a lodger. he's either born in 53, 58 or 61, in Dalston, Islington or Stoke Newington. Now I know these areas are all close together, so not too worried about that bit.
Charles is on the voting lists in 1890 at Tyssen St.
So has anyone got an idea of where I can go now?