Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
Although I found a couple of references to CuriousFox on the Forum (about people not replying) there was nothing to tell me if it is good, bad or indifferent. I know I first used it more than 4/5 years ago as I came across my old login password, which still worked incidentally. I seem to think CuriousFox cropped up after I had been trying to find someone in Northamptonshire with knowledge of a surname in the Kettering area. I don't think it really led anywhere at the time.
I wanted to do a similar thing with a surname in Birmingham and tried Roots Chat which I have found useful in the past, but not particularly so this time. So on the spur of the moment I Googled the surname linking it to Birmingham, and -you've guessed it - up came a response tied to CuriousFox. As it turned out it was not the connection I sought but thought it would be worthwhile to enquire further. Then I found whilst I was free to post I would need to be a subscriber (a very modest £5.50 annual subscription) to be able to have a two way dialogue. Only one has to be a subscriber for this to be effective. I might go ahead and do it anyway but thought I would just ask if anyone has better experience of being a subscriber or, for that matter, an active member of longer standing.
I wanted to do a similar thing with a surname in Birmingham and tried Roots Chat which I have found useful in the past, but not particularly so this time. So on the spur of the moment I Googled the surname linking it to Birmingham, and -you've guessed it - up came a response tied to CuriousFox. As it turned out it was not the connection I sought but thought it would be worthwhile to enquire further. Then I found whilst I was free to post I would need to be a subscriber (a very modest £5.50 annual subscription) to be able to have a two way dialogue. Only one has to be a subscriber for this to be effective. I might go ahead and do it anyway but thought I would just ask if anyone has better experience of being a subscriber or, for that matter, an active member of longer standing.
Last edited: