• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Hampshire Churches

For other counties (or, indeed, Hampshire) a Google search along the lines of the one below will usually produced the answer you need:

hursley genuki

Watch out for baptisms which refer to the parish but didn't take place in the parish church, for example some of the non-conformist baptisms I referred to in my latest newsletter look as if they did. For example the baptisms below actually took place in the Wesleyan Chapel:

upload_2017-5-7_16-2-36.png
© Crown Copyright Image reproduced by courtesy of The National Archives, London, England and used with the permission of Findmypast
 
Yes, I do google church names but its nice to see a photo of the church (if one is available) and this website does have Hampshire church photos too
 
Yes, I do google church names but its nice to see a photo of the church (if one is available) and this website does have Hampshire church photos too

Thanks for reference to this web site. I had seen/visited relatively few of the churches but was surprised at how many I did not recognize at first due to a different view point being used for the photo rather than my remembered approach.
 
Back
Top