• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

GRO update

Rhian

LostCousins Member
Good news for those needing certificates from 1917 as pdf files, the GRO site updated overnight and birth records of 1917 and death records of 1957 are now available to order as pdf.
 
I found what I think is my paternal grandmother's birth registration but would like to know what a pdf certificate looks like. Is it an actual registration of birth, giving the names of both parents (if known) and the date of birth? I have copies of my Dad's and my maternal grandfather's and they are long pieces of paper.
 
I found what I think is my paternal grandmother's birth registration but would like to know what a pdf certificate looks like. Is it an actual registration of birth, giving the names of both parents (if known) and the date of birth? I have copies of my Dad's and my maternal grandfather's and they are long pieces of paper.

I've attached one - it's just really the entry itself and nothing more. Not all that different from when they used to send a copy on the certificate.
(Edit, swopped it for an actual birth entry!)
 

Attachments

pdf certificate
The GRO make it absolutely clear on their website (as I have done in the newsletter) that PDF copies of entries are not certified. In other words they are not certificates. The method of delivery is irrelevant - a paper copy would also be uncertified if it was not signed by an authorised person, and a PDF copy could be digitally signed (although changes in legislation might be required for digital certificates to be issued).
 
Thank you again. That is what I want to see - all the information. It does not have to be certified, I just want to know if it is the right person. So that is what I will get if I order the pdf.
 
Back
Top