• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

GRO PDF extended pilot

Bee

LostCousins Superstar
Last night quite accidentally I discovered that the GRO have extended the PDF pilot. It started on 12 October and will run for 3 months. The PDFs cost £6 as before. Get ordering!!
 
At 08:55 on Monday 15th Jan I ordered two PDF images, a birth & death. At 11:49 on Wed 17th Jan I received an email to say that they were ready for download! That is what I call quick service. Could get addictive if that becomes normal delivery time. Up to now its taken the 'statutory' 7 days. Anybody else experienced such short delivery time?
 
I am trying to order a marriage cert for 1846 online but am only offered the usual postage options not the pdf download. How can I get a pdf instead? See screenshot attached.
 

Attachments

  • GRO link.jpg
    GRO link.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 3
Regrettably only Births and Deaths are available as pdf's see FAQ's.
Q2. What records are available as a PDF?
The extended Pilot covers PDF copies of those historical digitised civil registration records held by GRO (i.e. birth entries from 1837 - 1917 and death entries from 1837 - 1957). A GRO index reference is required to be provided with the application. You can find the GRO index references by logging on to the GRO online ordering service and accessing the GRO online indexes. A PDF will cost £6.00 each.
 
Regrettably only Births and Deaths are available as pdf's see FAQ's.
Q2. What records are available as a PDF?
The extended Pilot covers PDF copies of those historical digitised civil registration records held by GRO (i.e. birth entries from 1837 - 1917 and death entries from 1837 - 1957). A GRO index reference is required to be provided with the application. You can find the GRO index references by logging on to the GRO online ordering service and accessing the GRO online indexes. A PDF will cost £6.00 each.

Ah - thanks - just so excited didn't read all the small print! :(
 
Anyone know how long the PDFs are taking at the moment?
Mine have been on order since Monday, I realise that was at the end of the Bank Holiday, so maybe they have had a lot of orders.
Just looked at the FAQs and they say 5 working days, so I will have to wait until next week.
Certainly not the 2 days that uncle024's took in January.
 
Back
Top